True Story: Joel was googling for “Sevro Santa” memes to try and jump-start his brain for Red Rising Xmas Sweater ideas. Google serendipitously auto-corrected that to “Soviet Santa”, and a truly magical rabbit hole was found.
Apparently, Vladimir Lenin banned Santa Clause during the early days of Soviet Russia. However, years later the USSR brought the Jolly (apparently Capitalist?) fellow back as a part of a larger propaganda campaign to rub the success of Sputnik into the face of NASA… This campaign resulted in something incredible:
SOVIET SPACE SANTA.
Once this bit of historical delight was found, it was only a small step to commissioning the talented illustrator Christine Aria to re-paint two real Soviet Space Santa Greeting Cards with one small tweak: In our version, we believe in Sevro Clause.
• Sevro Clause Propaganda painting by Christine Aria
• Subliminal messaging snowflakes
• Includes invitation to our First Annual Howler Ugly Sweater Holiday Party
• 11 oz mug dimensions: 3.85″ (9.8 cm) in height, 3.35″ (8.5 cm) in diameter
• 15 oz mug dimensions: 4.7″ (12 cm) in height, 3.35″ (8.5 cm) in diameter
• Dishwasher and microwave safe
**A note on shipping: in an effort to save the home planet this product is made to order and shipped directly from the factory to keep down waste. There is a turnaround time of approximately 8-14 days.